Friday, May 1, 2009

Bicycles and Comic Books

I'm eight all over again...
pig tails, riding my bike down to the local corner store to collect cabbage pail kids cards, and my favorite blue dressed covered in mud from playing with the boys.
Why would Topps dare make this?

The first of May has quickly arrived leaving the traces of April behind.
The taste of summer is teasing us all with thoughts of swimsuits, flowers, and those wonderful sweaty bicycle rides.
This week was a much needed recovery from flu aches, exhausted mind thoughts, and black and blue legs.
All I really needed was some Monday Soul & a insightful lecture from Ms. Goodman.
Which will always be an empowering moment.
......
The Gun fight must go on!

Bang! : Women's Workshops at Yellow Bike Project

All through the Beautiful month of May they're going to be offering Women-only workshops every Saturday morning from 9:30am to 11am, at which point they'll open up for a regular shop.

What: Women’s Workshop Series at The Yellow Bike Project
When: Every Saturday in May, 9:30am – 11:00am
Where: Yellow Bike Project at Treasure City 1720 E. 12th Street

Each Saturday in May build your bike knowledge in a women only setting, and then stick around after the clinic and practice with coordinator support. Workshops are not necessarily sequential but do get more advanced each Saturday. Registration not required but space is limited. We will try to accommodate all that want to participate.

Workshop I (2nd) - Meet your bike. I.D. parts and components. Learn to patch a flat. Learn how to fit a bike.

Workshop II (9th) - Making adjustments with few or no tools: An overview of brakes and derailleurs.

Workshop III (23rd) - Brakes and shifting in-depth: Cable routing and set-up.

Workshop IV (30th) - Cups and bearings: Overhauling headsets, bottom brackets, and hubs. We'll teach wheel truing to anyone who wants to know.

Join me in learning to be independent in properly maintaining the wonderful thing you place between your legs every day! If you have any doubts, here is some importance and history what we do ladies.

I'm going to be there EVERY Saturday morning so don't be shy, join in with me. You'll have a friend there.


Boom ! : Austin Bike Zoo presents : Wheels of Wonder


If you have not had the privilege to witness with your own eyes how the bike snake operates, you definitely can not miss out on this. Austin Bike Zoo, is an inspiring the Austin community with bicycles and other alternative forms of transportation by creating unique human powered vehicles. Mi madre is coming into town on Saturday and believe that I'm going to have her on a bike riding with me.

May Full Moon Ride!


(photo credit: Birzer)
No more missing out on this ride, I've received too much feedback (shit) on my lack of attending this ride SO now I'm going to be there. I promise!
Saturday May 9th, 11:59 pm Meet on the Lamar Pedestrian Bridge, bring all your friends!

Phew, as you can tell it's going to be a growing experience, exhausting and fun Bike month!
Also, please don't forget to vote. If you've been my house you can clearly see my endorsement for city council place one.
Let the preacher, preach...!
Due to some pending, traffic tickets for some years now I figured I could not vote, or was not allowed to due to them. Thanks to Michael Litt (no wonder people love you) running Chris Riley's campaign I got registered during March's Critical Mass and received my voter's registration card in the mail yesterday. Use your voice people and show interested in your community and bike community. If it's such a part of your life, shouldn't you have some control over it?

I didn't forget...

Happy Birthday Mister Tobias Manco.

Stop reading, Get out there and make your own stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment