Thursday, June 18, 2009

"So, are you doing the July Meow Ride?"

He asked, as he gently placed Algar's front wheel on.
Has it come and gone so quickly already, zoom! How rapid the months seem to slip by but I do suppose the more time you spend on your bike the faster the weeks race by.
No complaints , this only means that I'm probably having too much fun and just how is that ever a bad thing?

With less than a month away it seems like only yesterday that I participated in the first
Alley Cat Race.


Time to get my claws ready and especially my preparation in which to prepare for a race
(minus the 4 hours of sleep and endless amount of coffee for breakfast)
Knowing from an outsiders perspective how god awful I looked during the whole thing it be foolish not to try a little bit harder this time. Though I might be out of luck this race Because Heather mentioned that some gambling would be involved at the check points SO it's no longer who's "The fastest" but yet who can rack up the most points. Anyone want to teach me how to deal? The after party will be at Fast Folks, 5 buck cover that will benefit
The Yellow Bike Project.

So come out Kittens, put on your cat ears and Party with Party Cat!

Now that I'm going to be representing "The Regulators" I have no choice but too,
Kevin get those patches and colors ready.

Speaking of getting on things, The Austin City Council
voted 6-0 to adopt the 2009 master bike plan. This was a great victory in the cycling community! Special thanks to who ever lead us there last week during the social ride to sign the petition.
"We do have a well written plan but now comes the hard part , ensuring all the plans actually gets done"
writes Elliot Mcfadden organizer of Austin Bike Plan petition.

Now to wait and see if our concerns and safety as commuters gets kicked into some kind of gear.
Until then...

MOUNT UP!


No comments:

Post a Comment